Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st, 2010


March 1st, 2010, originally uploaded by Austin M. Shaffer.

I finally made a stop by Mississippi Records! Though I love the collection, the prices they get away with are un-fu*&ing believable! I have NEVER seen vinyl out-price cd's. NEVER!! But, I guess Portlanders love their vinyl, and I guess they will pay a premium on it. If only they knew... that none of these should cost anything above $12. Period.

If these folks are using their google alerts, then they're on to me! And I'm sure they have a lot of defense about overhead costs, supply/demand, etc. I get it. But you and I both know the prices are high, and you and I both know it's laughable that anyone pays that much. And they do! Friends back in Arizona even tell me about this place, but I'm hoping they know they can find a lot of this stock at Zia, or Stinkweeds, or... that other one I can't ever remember the name.

Admittedly, I'm just making a stink because I want a lot of what I saw at Mississippi Records. I just don't want to pay $20-30 for a friggin' record!

No comments:

Post a Comment