Monday, February 22, 2010

A little bit about me...

I'm a big fan of music. Blah, blah, blah, everyone is, right? Of course. Naturally. Absolutely. And Terrifically. But where we all differ is what we listen to.

I myself have found a lot of perspective on moral values through a band called Pedro the Lion. Most of their music has some christian under- and overtones. But what's unique about Pedro the Lion is that nothing is preachy (I, myself, am nowhere near being religious)! The singer and songwriter, David Bazan, explores previously mentioned morals through concept albums about political, familial, and personal corruptions.

I could go on and on and on about David Bazan's/Pedro the Lion's music, but that's not what I'm here about today. No, today I'm sharing with you, my few followers, one facet for why I enjoy what this guy does so much.

David Bazan House show PDX <--- This is a YouTube link to a playlist of the songs David Bazan played at a recent house show here in Portland. He does this. He plays house shows. They're intimate, they're cozy, they're fun (the residents of the house show I went to when I was still living in Arizona provided free cola and water, decorated their house with white Christmas lights, and had some great art up on their walls), and best of all: they feel personal. I mean, you're watching this dude perform songs you may have been listening to for nearly a decade in someone's LIVING ROOM. It's an incredible experience that shan't be ignored.

I'm currently looking them up to see if there are any dates left available in Portland......

...alright, unfortunately all his Portland house shows have since passed (there were 4 or 5 across two days), BUT he still has dates in Salem and Eugene at venues. Aaaaand, I don't think I want to pass that up.

Here's the house show I attended and recorded. What's neat about these is the Storytelling/Q&A before each each song. I like it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment