Monday, February 15, 2010

February 16th, 2010


February 16th, 2010, originally uploaded by Austin M. Shaffer.

This one may not be very interesting to those who don't get to see lightning ever (AHEMPORTLANDCOUGH), but when I saw this it reminded me of home (Andrea, I DO mean Tucson this time!) and the monsoon season's lightning storms. So far they are the most romantic, dangerous, and beautiful natural happenings I've ever witnessed.

Portland doesn't get lightning. I've yet to hear thunder. And I think this might be why Oregonians living in Arizona told me the rain here is depressing. I, for one, wouldn't go as far as saying it's depressing. If anything, the rain here is just...kinda....boring. But I like it. Boring balances out the fun weekends I've been having making new friends.

By the way, if there is one great thing of a million I could say about the ladies of Portland, it's that they know how to throw a dinner party. They make me laugh and they make me full, and they make a pretty good case for moving to Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment