Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13th, 2010


February 13th, 2010, originally uploaded by Austin M. Shaffer.
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

(Excuse me, if you find language offensive. If you have a problem with my diction, I will happily and maturely debate the subject)

There's a record store literally around the corner from my house. I originally assumed it was small little punk store [I grew out of punk rock when I started shaving and discovered the wonders of a musical horizon (for you math nerds, a horizon is a line, right? And what is a line? A single dimensional object with no beginning and no end; infinite. Which is the world of music!). What I'm saying is, is there are a lot more people than there ever should be that listen only to punk. Or metal. Or Top 40, or classical, or disco, et cetera, et cetera. They need to grow up and open their ears. I did. Never looked back.] that sold vinyl.

ANYWAY! They sell a lot of punk stuff. But a lot of other stuff too. A staircase wall full of cassette, VHS, 8-Track....there's even a Muppet Babies keyboard somewhere in that building!! Can you believe that?! I was also introduced to a band called...ok...let's see if my memory serves me well...

The ...something... Khan.... & BBQ ... somethings...

They sound like the band I always wanted to have. A modern band that sounds like they'd been writing songs back in the 50's/60's. It was so fun, and romantic, and distorted. I'll have to go back and buy that expensive CD. Hmmm...

Happy day to you, Maddams and Sirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment